Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cream Puffs for dessert!

Wow, I was so proud of myself! I actually made dinner, a side vegetable (besides a can of corn or green beans) AND home-made bread! Then we ate wonderful cream puffs! I've only made them once and it was when I was like 11. For a church group activity. So, I was a little worried they wouldn't turn out. BUT WOW! They were just as simple as the lava cake last night! AND (this is the best part!) my husband LOVED them! I mean, he actually made the astonished face, followed by 'WOW! These are REALLY good!'. Oh, and he said they looked professional. That just made my whole night! Anyways, here's a picture of dinner. Thank you again Shanna for this wonderful recipe! (can be found HERE)



Moving on... to dessert! Here's the strange looking dough.

Baked and filled. Ready to decorate!

I used cool whip from a can and Nesquik choc. syrup! I was going to make the chocolate drizzle from choc. chips & heavy cream. But A) I didn't want to B) I didn't want to! I'm actually glad I didn't... I LOVED the taste of this. Semi-sweet choc. would have ruined this.

Yes, that's how lame I am. I had to take one on a black plate with a bit of red in the background. I can't just take one picture! hahaha

This recipe is courtesy of Allrecipes.com
  • 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 eggs
  1. Mix together vanilla instant pudding mix, cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate to set.
  2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  3. In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
  5. When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pudding mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells.





No comments:

Post a Comment