Moving on... to dessert! Here's the strange looking dough.
Baked and filled. Ready to decorate!
I used cool whip from a can and Nesquik choc. syrup! I was going to make the chocolate drizzle from choc. chips & heavy cream. But A) I didn't want to B) I didn't want to! I'm actually glad I didn't... I LOVED the taste of this. Semi-sweet choc. would have ruined this.
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Mix together vanilla instant pudding mix, cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pudding mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells.